1989 Corvette Antenna replacement

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for replacing the entire antenna ? I have the motor hanging by the wires and i can see the grommet with the
antenna lead but it doesn't seem to have any slack for me to pull it out ..Suggestions, tips ?
I replaced mine in my '86 after getting suggestions here. The best way is to take the rear tire off,and the rear wheel well cover. You can then get to the antenna Good luck

If you backed-off the nut on top and disconnected the motor housing & connecting wires, it should drop right out. (at least this is that way it worked on my 1990)