1990 C4 wipers

Hello,
I first checked this newsgroup before posting this message, but I would like to verify what I found out.
I learned that a Trico 20-2 (II) blade will fit under the hood without
getting stuck. I tried Anco and Bosch as well as others with no success. I plan on ordering the Trico blades online but thought I'd verify that the Trico blades will indeed mount without adapters to the smaller 3/16" pin on the arm.
Also, should the smaller (3/16") hole be closer to the wiper arm?
Thanks everyone for your help.
Ivan
Ivan Sedneff wrote:

ANCO makes a blade that fits the arm and clears the hood but it's not a standard inventory item in the 'yellow box' in a gas station or on the floor of the parts place. You have to ask at the counter. -- that said:
I've been here with both an F-body and the 'vettes. Finally decided that I'm better off shelling to the dealer for GM blades and refills.
While after-markets can clear the hood there's usually some play in the lash-up that causes chatter/stutter or other grief.
-- pj
Hi again Ivan, Overnight I recalled that my last trip to the dealer almost yielded 18" blades instead of the correct 20" blades. The GM parts breakdown had the wrong part number. The counter guy got it squared away though.
I checked GM Parts Direct and that appears to have a similar error -- 18" blades. -- pj