1990 Instrument cluster

Hey all. I just bought a new reverse glow instrument cluster panel for my 90 model C4 and am about to install it. I just wanted to know if anyone has done any type of work replacing their factory cluster and if
you had any problems. I read in one of my manuals that the odometer might reset to 0 and I don't want to lose the true reading. Any suggestions? If you've done it did you have any problems as such?
Thanks for any help that can be given.
Keith 1990 Katy, Tx Vette
I pulled mine out and put it back in a few weeks later. It kept its settings. If it does, the manual says to put a sitcker in the door jam with the date and estimated miles so you can add them togehter to find accurate mileage.
Hope this helps.
Marty