1990 Weatherstripping

Fellow Vette enthusiast,
I am about to order weatherstripping for my 1990 Coupe. However, what else should I order and is there a website that offers instructions?
While this may sound intuitively to do, I am thinking about the small stuff such as "clips" or any other, any advice. I plan to order: * the weatherstrips, * adhesive (how much if only the front and rear pillars will be replace, and not the doors nor trunk window), one tube for each pillar? * the tools to help remove the old weatherstrip (found on Ecklers) * anything else?
MT3
I have just finished replacing the weatherstripping on my 90 targa top vette. I ordered from wilcox corvette. I wa extremly impressed with the quality and exact duplication of the seals. They fit perfectly. Anyway as far as instructions it is pretty straight forward. I bought one tube of the 3M weatherstrippind adhesive from my local auto parts store, amd some 3m wadhesive remover. These where recommended by another person on the internet. I used more of teh remover than I did the adhesive. One alarge tube is moe than enough. Follw the instructions on the tube, they work well.IThe only snag I hitat all was getting the torque bolts loose to adjust the rear attach points so the roof would fit new rubber. The cost for al seven pieces of stripping was $400.34. It included the 2 pieces for the ends of the Targa. The top and sides of the windshield, the rear top and pillars, the rear hatch, and both main door seals. If interested Wilcox is located in Indiana. Thier phone numer is 812-288-7103. I dont have a web address for them. If I had any complaint with Wilcox it is that they are not good at letting you know the staus of your shipment. It was on time and as advertised, however there was no comunications from them at all as in tracking numbers etc. Hope this helps
Ron

Ron, this does help alot. Did you have to replace the backing/"clips" underneath the weatherstripping. I've run into this (or is this what you are referring to with the torx bolts).
MT3
Empty3 wrote:

Hey Ron, Thanks for the fone number post. IIRC, the carpeting in my C4 has 'Wilcox' printed on the back surface. Maybe an OEM supplier to Bowling Green. Tried to find them a couple of years ago and failed -- same result, no Internet presence. Maybe Ric can trade them a webpage for some goodies. Will give them a call and see if they have a catalog.
-- PJ '89 Hookercar '02 e-blu coupe
HAHAHAHA Too funny, I just got back into Dreamweaver/Flash again....
PJ wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Thanks! I found a website for Wilcox, http://www.yankeelady.com/willcox/index.htm , for anyone else that may be interested.
MT3

else should I order and is there a website that offers instructions?

stuff such as "clips" or any other, any advice. I plan to order:

and not the doors nor trunk window), one tube for each pillar?

I'm just now putting on a full set of rubber on my '77. I got it as a discounted kit from Corvette Central. I had other items I had ordered as well. All the packages arrived over a three day period with constant updates from CC. No complaints here at all. They are willing to play along with some humor as well.