1991 C4 Headlight motor assembly parts???

The drivers side headlight door sags a little on my 1991 corvette. I found that the teeny rod bushings that connects the motor to the "hinge"
are worn out. Anyone know where I can find them? Would this be a dealer item? Or do they make a "complete" bushing kit for the whole headlight and motor assembly. Thanks
Kruser
snipped-for-privacy@austin.rr.com
The kit is available from any of the parts catalogues for about $5. I highly recommend doing them both, since one is giving you problems already, the other probably won't be far behind.
Rob

You are talking about the 3 Delrin bushings which is not what the original poster is talking about. The connecting linkages seat inside a bushing... that's what he is talking about. I have never seen those sold anywhere.

Thanks for the answer X--Eliminator,
You are correct in what you said below. The original replyer to my question was probably talking about the bushings inside the motor. I need the ones you were talking about. The dealership said that I would have to buy the whole "headlight/motor housing". $159.00. Thanks is just too much. The other things is that my dad and I own a 1937 southbend lathe that we are dying to try out... hehe... but I don't know if I want to make the bushing out of nylon or brass. I am thinking brass. I am also going to check the site you told me about. Thanks.
X--Eliminator wrote:

Damn, that was lousy typing on my part.
Frank Kruse wrote:

Use Delrin, less moisture absorption, no big thing but helps and it cuts better than nylon. Use a very small, sharp cutting bit and light cuts, in other words keep the heat down. There is a blue million bushings out there, some are diagonally split to fit odd sizes, try a Boston Gear, McMasters Carr, or MSC catalog and/or online.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Good luck finding those... I have never seen them sold anywhere. You might have to get them used from a Corvette recycler. I get all my used parts from vette2vette.com. The dealership probably doesn't sell those bushings individually.
======================================================On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:27:16 GMT, Frank Kruse