1991 C4 Headlight motor assembly parts???

The drivers side headlight door sags a little on my 1991 corvette. I found that the teeny rod bushings that connects the motor to the "hinge" are worn out. Anyone know where I can find them? Would this be a dealer item? Or do they make a "complete" bushing kit for the whole headlight and motor assembly. Thanks

Kruser

snipped-for-privacy@austin.rr.com

Reply to
Frank Kruse

The kit is available from any of the parts catalogues for about $5. I highly recommend doing them both, since one is giving you problems already, the other probably won't be far behind.

Rob

Reply to
Scubabix

You are talking about the 3 Delrin bushings which is not what the original poster is talking about. The connecting linkages seat inside a bushing... that's what he is talking about. I have never seen those sold anywhere.

X--Eliminator

Reply to
X--Eliminator

Thanks for the answer X--Eliminator,

You are correct > You are talking about the 3 Delrin bushings which is not what the

Reply to
Frank Kruse

Reply to
Frank Kruse

Use Delrin, less moisture absorption, no big thing but helps and it cuts better than nylon. Use a very small, sharp cutting bit and light cuts, in other words keep the heat down. There is a blue million bushings out there, some are diagonally split to fit odd sizes, try a Boston Gear, McMasters Carr, or MSC catalog and/or online.

Reply to
Dad

You're right, after re-reading the original post, I was thinking of the other bushings. Rob

Reply to
Scubabix