1992 Antifreeze

My 1992 LT1 is due for an antifreeze change. I believe I read somewhere that only the old style green antifreeze should be used in pre-1994 cars. A dealer has told me I can use the newer Dex Cool. I
thought the article I read said that will attack my solder joints in my radiator. Anyone have any information on this? Thanks.
Charlie
stick with the green stuff...red stuff was for 96 and newer and I have heard if the 2 mix it could turn to sludge

"corvettetrey" wrote: > stick with the green stuff...red stuff was for 96 and newer > and I have > heard if the 2 mix it could turn to sludge > >
> > > My 1992 LT1 is due for an antifreeze change. I believe I > read > > somewhere that only the old style green antifreeze should be > used in > > pre-1994 cars. A dealer has told me I can use the newer Dex > Cool. I > > thought the article I read said that will attack my solder > joints in > > my radiator. Anyone have any information on this? Thanks. > > > > Charlie > > > > -- > > Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet > standards > > Topic URL: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/Corvette-1992-Antifreeze-ftopict120458.html > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > > http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pX5346
Thanks for the input. I was sure I had read something but couldnt find anymore on the subject.
Charlie