1995 Temp.

I have a 1995 LT-1 which was running about 225 by the gauge. I put in a 180 thermostat, and the temp. now runs between 185 to 192. is the normal with a
180 thermostat? One time the temp. did go up to about 225, but it came right back down.
--
1972 War Bonnet Yellow Corvette
1981 White Corvette

Changing the thermostat doesn't change when the fan comes on. Whatever was allowing it to get hot before will still do it with the lower stat. It needs all of the fresh air it can get by cleaning and making sure all of the air dams/seals are are there.
The thermostat only regulates minimum temperature. If the temperature is now running 185-192, it's because you have the A/C running(causing one of the fans to run).