1996 Corvette

I have an intermintant starting problem with my C4. I have replaced the battery. At times, not very often, the car will not turn over. No sound, no clicking, but the batter appears to have power as the radio and head lights will work. Sometimes jumping with wife's car works and sometimes not.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Todd

Reply to
tgtoday

Time to check out grounds. Battery to frame, frame to block.

Reply to
PJ

Does the starter solenoid click? Or just plain nothing at all?

How old is the starter?

Reply to
Mutts

Could be a VATS problem.

Reply to
benf802961

Reply to
Bob I

Good call. I had that problem with my 98 and I remember them changing the key system. Actually, the key was fine but they changed the part that you stick the key into (ignition recepticle or whatever?) .

Reply to
Anon

If it proves to be the VATS key circuit it can be fixed for a couple of dollars by inserting resistors in the circuit.

Reply to
Theoldman

I would clean the key pellet first or try a second key. Maybe a cleaning is all you need.

Reply to
benf802961

do you have a different key. if you do try the other key for a while and see what happens.

g'luck

Reply to
'Key

if one simply inserted resistors in the circuit ? that would do away with the security of the car. NOT really a good idea...

my2¢

Reply to
'Key

My 79 would do that , electric everywhere , nothing at the starter, Intermittent problem, it just happened sometimes, then 15 minutes later it would start - nothing changed. Other times it would start every time. I changed the starter a few years back and its never happened again

kickstart

Reply to
Kickstart