2000 Vette headlights

The driver side headlight will not pop up, and upon inspecting with the hood open, I noticed the side motor just spinning (what looks like a knob).

Other than replacement, what are my options and what is the estimated cost to repair.

Empty3

2000 White Coupe 1990 White Coupe
Reply to
Empty3

Headlight gear from Zip $24.95, many sites out there have instructions on its installation.

Other than replacement, what are my options and what is the estimated cost to repair.

Empty3 2000 White Coupe 1990 White Coupe

Reply to
Dad

Thanks Dad,

These are similar to the 1990, and I suspected that. With the 1990, there are brass/bronze options. For the 2000, these appear to be plastic. I'll look for the instructions and review them first, but I'll probably take it somewhere to have it done, if not too expensive.

Empty3

Other than replacement, what are my options and what is the estimated cost to repair.

Empty3 2000 White Coupe 1990 White Coupe

Reply to
Empty3

I just replaced mine this weekend, 30-45 minute and very simple. Look at this video for the firebird it is almost identical, the key was taking out the two bolts that hinge the lamp assembly. If I recall it was a T20 and a 5/16". Unplug the lamps and you can pull the entire unit. Motor will have three screws or a glued seal. Mine was the glued version, it popped right off and the gear change was simple. Good luck.

Chris

2001 C5 Coupe

Empty3 wrote:

Reply to