2001 C5 coupe & TIRES

The time has come to make a decision on replacement tires and while I like some of the features of OEM runflats, one of the negatives is "cost" and the noise level after they wear down a bit.

I find Dunlop, Michelin and Kumho are making "runflats"...... anyone have some feedback on any of these brands??? as far as noise level and wear .

What are the most common non-run flats??

PW

Reply to
Peter Wood

i just got these

just a reminder cars that came with run flats dont generally come with a spare, jack etc

Reply to
RS

If you're sticking with the run-flats, I recommend the Michelin Pilot. It costs less, isn't as noisy, and has a higher wear rating. It also has a wheel guard ring. All positives over the Goodyear. I ordered online from Discount Tire Direct with free shipping. Good luck.

Reply to
Tigervette

That's a better deal than tirerack.com then. I ordered my two fronts from tirerack and they were the same price except an extra $27 for shipping. I'll be ordering my rears from Discount Tire Direct. I too am very happy with the Michelin Pilot Sport. Make sure you get the "AS ZP" (all-season zero pressure) designation which is their runflat because they have non-runflats also. It took awhile to find a reasonable price for mounting the runflats though- most tire shops wanted $50 apiece.

Reply to
Jon

Rally Distributing in Tulsa mount and balanced my tires for $55 per set. They also stick the wheel weights on the inside so as not to scratch the wheels. Great service and a great price.

Reply to
Tigervette

Reply to
Jim & Pat

How do they look on the car? The Kumho tires look like round fat balloons. Do your Michelin's look like the Goodyears? I am talking about the side-wall appearance.

Reply to
aRKay