2001 C5 fuel Guage

Hi
My fuel gauge has`started to play up, it will at times tell me I am about to run out of fuel, but in fact I have half a tank.
I live in the UK so any hints to what the problem is would be appreciated.
Thanks

it to the brim, let the auto cut off be the maximum amount you put in at fill up.
Headed your way in a couple of weeks, what is you fuel costs at today?
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

yar wrote:

Yar:
    Have you made a mistake? Isn't there like 3.7854 liters per U.S. gallon?
    That would make the price of gas something like $14.19 per gallon. That can't be right, can it?
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Current prices by location http://petrolprices.com /
Dad wrote:

I had the same problem w/ my '01 Z06 until I started using Chevron gasoline w/ Techron. Got that tip from Corvette Forum. Basically, the Techron cleaner reduced the amount of crap from the gas that made the gas gauge stick.
Hope this helps! Matt yar wrote:

On 29 Jul 2006 14:27:48 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

changing "brands" every 5,000 miles or so... Main reason were the additives added by each brand... Brand X will clean the crap left from Brand Y and Brand A will take car of Brand X...
I will admit that I have no clue.
BUT honestly I have followed his advice ...have never had a problem.. but then again most users do not even if they used the same brand for years...
Yes he did work for one of the Majors.. and yes he started preaching this when 99 percent of the cars on the road used Carburetors...
Bob G.
Matt's suggestion of adding a bottle of Techron is how many of us handle the problem you describe. Unfortunatly, I don't believe you can get ahold of Techron over there in the UK.
That being the case, I would recommend experimenting with various fuel system cleaners until the problem is solved.

maybe they have in the UK ? http://www.eliteone.com/lucas/fuel.htm
my2
--
"Key"
=====

Lucas is good and cheaper, but I do not believe Lucas works as good as Techron. I've tried both and would rather pay extra for Techron.
Empty3