2001 C5 fuel Guage

Hi

My fuel gauge has`started to play up, it will at times tell me I am about to run out of fuel, but in fact I have half a tank.

I live in the UK so any hints to what the problem is would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
yar

I found that if I never "packed" the tank it worked correctly. Never try to fill it to the brim, let the auto cut off be the maximum amount you put in at fill up.

Headed your way in a couple of weeks, what is you fuel costs at today?

Reply to
Dad

$3.70 a litre Not cheap here

Reply to
yar

Yar:

Have you made a mistake? Isn't there like 3.7854 liters per U.S. gallon?

That would make the price of gas something like $14.19 per gallon. That can't be right, can it?

Reply to
BottleBob

Yes sorry I am tierd its half that, still a lot more than you guys pay.

Reply to
yar

Reply to
matthewgaskins

Reply to
Bob I

============== My now deceased Brother was a Petroleum Engineer and he preached changing "brands" every 5,000 miles or so... Main reason were the additives added by each brand... Brand X will clean the crap left from Brand Y and Brand A will take car of Brand X...

I will admit that I have no clue.

BUT honestly I have followed his advice ...have never had a problem.. but then again most users do not even if they used the same brand for years...

Yes he did work for one of the Majors.. and yes he started preaching this when 99 percent of the cars on the road used Carburetors...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Matt's suggestion of adding a bottle of Techron is how many of us handle the problem you describe. Unfortunatly, I don't believe you can get ahold of Techron over there in the UK.

That being the case, I would recommend experimenting with various fuel system cleaners until the problem is solved.

Reply to
Billie

maybe they have in the UK ?

my2¢

Reply to
'Key

Lucas is good and cheaper, but I do not believe Lucas works as good as Techron. I've tried both and would rather pay extra for Techron.

Empty3

Reply to
Empty3