2004 HVAC Diplay

Over the past 6 months or so the display for the HVAC controls has gotten progressively dimmer. Now it is totally dark so I can't tell what the outside temp is or see what I have the HVAC set at. I've checked all of the fuses and they are all good. Does anyone have any ideas on what else to check? I'm trying to avoid a dealer repair where they spend hours trying to figure it out. Thanks!

Reply to
Keith Segraves

I'm only guessing here but.... If that one display itself has a seperate dimmer control circuit I'd suspect that first. If not that I'd bet the dealer would just replace the display.

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

Loose connections on the board, they need to be re-soldered. Most of the Corvette forums have detailed instructions, some with pictures.

Reply to
Dad

It is a bad solder joint on one or more of the eight resistors on the main board. Fairly simple process, find a link with pictures and follow along. It took me a little over an hour to R&R the system. Once you hit the problem resistor, it will basically jump off the board, keep an eye on it when you hit it with the soldering iron. This would be a good start for info -

Good luck

FBNE

01 Coupe Red
Reply to
FBNE

There's a guy on eBay that repairs these pretty regularly - I'd have mine already fixed except I am loathe to tear apart the console...

Venger

Reply to
Venger