2004 Vetter Brakes/Tires Question

I have a 2004 coupe with a little over 28,000 miles. I took it in to the dealer last week for an oil change and they told me that I need brake pads on front and rear and that my front tires need to be
replaced soon also. This seems a little early to me but I wanted to check with the group and see if this was in line with what others have experienced. I drive the car daily and most of my mileage is highway mileage with not a lot of stop and go driving. This is my first new Vette but I've had other new cars that have gone much longer on the original brakes and tires. I'd appreciate any feedback anyone has including any recommendations for replacement pads and tires instead of the original equipment.

pads by just looking through the spokes of the rims. Front brakes may be getting close and the back should be ok, mine go twice what the front do, and the front tires may be cupped from poor alignment but the back should go first. The only time I've seen the front tires go first is when you're kicking the hell out of it on a regular basis on an autocross course. All that is just a guess, you should know your car better than someone that has never seen it.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Keith
My 1999 C5 has 63000 miles on it and I am about a 1/3 of the way into my 3rd set of tires and on my 3rd set of brake pads. I am also on my second set of rotors. So it sounds about right. The OEM tires wear quickly.
I have 48K miles on my 2001 C5 and just got new front brakes and rotors today. Cost was $324 including ceramic brakes. On my second set of tires. Went with Continental Extreme Contact and have enjoyed them since replacing the run flats.
Jason
2001 Pewter C5 2005 Yamaha FJR 1300