2006 Polished wheels - what product do you use to maintain them ??

2006 Polished wheels - what product do you use to maintain them ??
Thanks for any help.
Art

Wood Butcher wrote:

OK - try not to laugh. I use windex and soft paper towels to clean my wheels once a week.
01 C5 Coupe Magnetic Red II
Im Laughing Paper Towels are a killer if their clear coated not to mention ammonia
--
RS
2006 FLSTNI
RS wrote:

I just use the windex to cut through the brake dust and clean it off. Then I soap and water the rims along with the rest of the car. The thing is - I don't wanna use my nice sponge or chamois on dirty rims or they will be ruined. So I get the brake dust off first. I have used tire foam from AutoZone but those things don't clean as well as just some basic windex and a paper towel.
01 C5 Coupe Magnetic Red II

Windex has ammonia. (not good for the clear coat or after market tented windows) like Dad said, use dawn dish washing liquid.
happy 4th
--
"Key"
=====

I bought a brush at Pep Boys that was intended for waching wheels. It works well for me with dishwashing soap.
brian
Anon wrote:

I'm back to Dawn dishwashing detergent and a clean sponge. Zymol won't cut the pad dust on either car.
Tried McGuire's "hot wheels" spray cleaner. Warning label says to leave it on for no more than 10 seconds. I think 5-7 seconds might be better--roughened clearcoat on the C4 and 'frosted' bare alloy on the C5.
Has anyone tried Mother's wheel cleaner -- a tennis ball sized sponge that fits on a battery drill??? Have seen the ads but not in a store yet. ... Gotta go cook for tomorrow. Enjoy the 4th....
--
PJ
'89 Hookercar, '02 e-blu 6-spd coupe

That's as good as it gets, Dawn will do the trick.

Only after market C5 wheels were not clear coated, and yes if you don't get all of any detergent off aluminum will frost.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Dad wrote:

all the coatings, left the outer surfaces bare and repainted the edge of the spokes black. Unfortunately, the brake pads throw light gray dust.
Incidently, followed the paint job suggestions. Got some gentle compounding and polish work to do but I think it will be damn good for the price I paid. $ 35 in materials, $ 20 bucks for the airbrush artist's lunch. A single panel 'shop quality' repaint in San Diego would have run $ 275 plus the patch.
Thanks again for the coaching. Sun's near the yardarm out here--gotta go cook.
--
PJ

Polished wheels....... Are they clear coated? If so, doesn't that take away from the benefit of polished wheels over chromed, that you have the ability to bring the wheels back to brand new finish?
Non coated - Mother's Power Ball & Power Ball Mini & the accompanied Mothers Metal Polish Takes 1/4 the time and gives much much better results. My Billet Specialties Indys are 12 years old and look brand new!
Coated............. dish washing liquid.
Wood Butcher wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler