2006 Z06 Crash in Holland (Story and pic)

Dutch Z06 crash!!!
This afternoon a car-magazine journalist crashed a new C6 Z06!!!
He took off after a refuel, and spun the car... flipped over and
landed on top against a trailer...
Reported in Dutch news but that is the basic translation
Pics
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t93713
Add pictures here
✖

That must be another one, the Dutch crash was 10-29-2005, or 29-10-2005 depending on which side of the pond you're on. Not sure of the date myself but don't think "This afternoon" is correct.
Add pictures here
✖

at least , the car was registrated on 25-10-2005. Here in Holland you can get some information about licenseplates at the RDW .
APK-vervaldatum en voertuiggegevens online Kenteken
Voertuigsoort Personenauto Merk CHEVROLET Handelsbenaming 1YY87 CORVETTE COUPE - Z06; 7.0 - V8 Kleur(en) Grijs Brandstof Benzine Aantal cilinders 8 Cilinderinhoud 7008 cm3 Aantal zitplaatsen 2 Aantal staanplaatsen N.v.t.
Massa ledig voertuig 1.401 kg Maximum massa voertuig 1.650 kg Massa rijklaar 0 kg Laadvermogen N.v.t.
Maximum massa te trekken indien aanhangwagen: - ongeremd 0 kg - geremd 0 kg - oplegger geremd N.v.t. - autonoom geremd N.v.t. - middenas geremd N.v.t.
Datum eerste afgifte Nederland 25 oktober 2005 Datum eerste toelating 25 oktober 2005 Datum aanvang tenaamstelling 25 oktober 2005
Vervaldatum APK 25 oktober 2008
and what a shame to crash something like at Corvette.... Here in Holland they cost at least more than 100.000 euro!!!!!!
Richard van Vliet '98 ST1100 PamMy '92 XJ600 Stadsrat '00 Astra Coupé 2,2
Add pictures here
✖
OLD NEWS. Get a life.
Bababooey wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
'This afternoon a car-magazine journalist crashed a new C6 Z06!!! He took off after a refuel, and spun the car... flipped over and landed on top against a trailer...'
REPLY: Oh man...this is aweful ; is the car okay ?!
Add pictures here
✖
Probably not from the looks of it.
This 1st model year 2006 Corvette Z06 like the 2001 1st model yr Z06 might have some problems.
Alot of the car mags have reported that the suspension, etc have a really wierd feel and the car does not communicate what is going on to the driver very well.
Even with Active Handling, etc this might be one dangerous vehicle (even to the experienced driver according to a couple of writers) until GM works out the bugs in this model. Perhaps for the 2007 Z06????
Add pictures here
✖
All things stupid done by experienced drivers are the cars fault.
--

Life is a sexually transmitted condition that is always fatal.
(See, it was the drivers fault).
Bababooey wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
You probably get the ones about cars Bob, that's no fair.

SNIPPED BS
Add pictures here
✖

In an early test, Car and Driver reported that only the car's stability system saved them from stuffing one at the Spa track in Belgium:
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id ™91&page_number=2
and in a full comparison against the Dodge Viper they mention that if the car hits a bump while cornering that the ass end will come around in a heartbeat:
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id &article_id243&page_number=3
I'd imagine any car with 500 HP in the hands of a non-pro would be a handful near the limit. As for the bump issue, that's why I always turn off the ASR in my car. I hit any bump in a corner at speed and the slip-reduction kicks in, which I find it really annoying. YMMV.
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp
Add pictures here
✖