4 x 8 Trailer hitch on a 92 C4 ?

Anyone tried that ?
I want to trailer my Intruder 1400 behind my 92 Vette....126K mi !

Vern wrote:

Well...duh ! I looked in the manual:
"Your Corvette is not DESIGNED or INTENDED to pull a trailer"

If you look at the car you should be able to figure that out... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Both run long miles and I've seen no problems with either. I installed the hitch on the C5 and had to make some stepped washers to bolt it fast to the frame and isolate the bumper cover from the clamping force. One carries an electric wheel chair and the other, C5, is to carry their living necessities as they travel between their 2 vacation homes. Both are automatics and have transmission coolers, much required to travel to AZ. Do use a trailer with a large diameter tire, cuts down on the bucking and burned out bearings.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

well, most cars are not really designed to pull trailers. I have seen numerous vettes pulling moderate sized trailers. asked one guy if he had any problems and he said none at all.
my2
--
"Key"
=====

Vern wrote:

i towed a 4x8 trailer on my 89 for a few years. used it to haul another set of wheels/tires, tools, helmets, and luggage to out of town races.