63 Park brake handle question

How does the park brake cable attach to the handle shaft? The end of the cable is fine, I just don't know which parts are missing to re-attach the cable to it. The handle came off in my hand when I pulled on it to set brake. I have a Zip and Corv. Central catalog but I can't tell by their illustrations. Thanx- lib

Reply to
lib

Looks to me, from the Corvette Central catalog, that the 192135 clip and

191050 clip hold/locate the cable casing at the firewall, and the 192049 stop pin secures the cable itself to the shaft, but it may be a b**ch getting them in place without removing the dash bracket assembly and disengaging the cable at the under-car swivel arm in order to pull the cable in from the firewall to get working room to replace the stop pin.
Reply to
WayneC

I spoke to a products rep at CC this am and he informed me that after describing the problem to him, he had a new handle assmbly brought over from the warehouse. He came to the conclusion that the problem is in the end of the cable and it needs to be replaced. It stands to reason it could break after 30+ years of being pulled on. At least it is a problem that can be resolved for less than $200- lib

Reply to
lib