63 roadster mufflers

What is a good glass-pack muffler that is being produced today? I'm looking for one that is well made and has a bit of rumble under power and a crackle under back pressure. I'm lot looking for a loud, straight-pipe type, even though I'm sure they breathe better and give better performance, etc. I prefer stealth.

Reply to
lib

Does Thrush still make the shortie mufflers? And for glasspacks you might be limited to Cherry Bombs, they didn't sound back but not as throaty as the short Thrush.

I've probably bought dozens of pairs of the Thrush over the years >What is a good glass-pack muffler that is being produced today? I'm looking

Reply to
RicSeyler

'65 - '67 style side exhaust = pure V-8 music for the ears (plus it's a lot easier to listen to, being that it's just 2 feet below the door windows).

Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen ___

'67BB & '72BB

-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___

Barking Rats

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 15:33:50 -0700, "lib" puked:

I think glass packs went out with high button shoes. Are you sure you wouldn't consider a nice modern chambered exhaust?

lab~rat