64 Corvette Restoration

Just started a restoration of a 1964 Corvette Roadster. First thing is to see if we can get the motor running after about 10 years of sitting. Fortunetly the car was stored inside a warehouse so there was no sun damage.
I will try to keep the page updated. http://www.specializedpump.com/SP-Corvette-64.htm

looks like ya have a good project..
g'luck
--
'Key
=====

krullik wrote:

website. You might also consider: 1. rebuild the carb 2. disconnect the fuel lines from the tank, carb, and fuel pump; fill the fuel lines with brake cleaner (use hoses to raise the level of the lines at each end, pour cleaner into one hose) and let sit a day or so, then flush them with an air hose 3. replace the spark plugs, rotor, and distributor cap 4. change the oil/filter and use an oil pump primer tool to flow oil through the engine before trying to start it
I fired one up about a year ago that had been sitting for 13 years. I cleaned the gas tank, replaced the tank screen (it fell apart), and checked the oil. Oil level was about 2 quarts high and smelled like gas, so I assumed the pump went bad and replaced it.
I pulled the carb and rebuilt it. Good thing, it was full of crud from having the gas dry out and the carb begin to rot.
I squirted an oil and gas mixture down the intake and rotated the engine by hand to get the mixture in the cylinders.
With a fresh carb, fresh fuel pump, fresh gas, and a fresh battery, I fired it up. It hit a few times, stopped, and hit again. About the third time, it fired and ran. I kept the engine running for a few minutes about 1500-2000 rpm to ensure oil pressure was up and going everywhere. After than, I let it idle and checked for leaks and such. None.
I imagine if you haven't already, you will find these same basic things and it will run just fine after that.
Good luck.

You may want to remove the distributer and use a drill to pump up the oil pressure. That way everything is lubed up before firing. The same as if it was a new engine.
In Missouri wrote:

--
Eugene Blanchard
Visit my website Hot Rod Kustoms at