700R4 transmission?

I have a 76 Vette and thinking of put in a 700R4 trans. I take long trips and would like to get better gas mileage. As well it would be better on the
motor! Has anyone this series of vette? Thanks Jim

might help.
http://www.vetteworksonline.com/links.htm
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Here it is http://700r4.com/faq/faq.shtml

Jim, what's your engine specs and mileage now ?
? just wondering ?
--
"Key"
=====

i heard there are kits out there..anybody know about this?
Depends on what you have and what was originally installed.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=corvette+zf6+conversion&btnG=Google+Search