73 Tilt wheel

I have a '73 Vette with tilt/telescopic wheel. There is some up & down, side to side play in the column where it tilts. Anybody familiar with this? Easy fix or nightmare? Thanks!

Reply to
JIM DIETZ

most tilt wheels just wear out and need to be rebuilt or replaced. (usually bearings worn out) it may be hard to find a replacement ? some locksmiths or repair shops rebuild columns.

g'luck

Reply to
'Key

If the side play is in the housing, it's adjustable; if in the wheel, some rebuilding needs to be done. I'm not knowledgeable in these repairs, but you may be able to get help from these vendors:

carry some parts, dunno if they do repairs)
think Snake River rebuilds GM columns)

Reply to
WayneC