74 ac clutch problem

Had my system converted over to 134, I guess I have a small leak and was recharging my system , When I went inside the car I noticed it wasn't cooling so I looked at the compressor and the clutch wasn't
engaging anymore. If I inadvertently overcharged the system would that keep the clutch from engaging. I can turn the clutch manually so it hasn't frozen up. I tried depressing the low pressure system valve but nothing came out, could it be that there is no refrigerant in it? Any suggestions appreciated. Fuse is OK. Thanks Jim