76 rearend

Can someone tell me who makes the rearend in the 76 Ive had people tell me its a Dana and other's tell me its an Eaton Is there a way to find out? I saw the post about c3 rears and it was a 77 can I assume I have the same gear ratios?

Reply to
Jamie

Yes, the '76s and '77s used the same rear axle code. ('68 and '69 use similar but not identical codes; '70 and '71 each has its own; '72-'75 are one series; '76-'77 are another; '78 and '79 each have its own. My source book doesn't go beyond '79...) There are common codes between some of these sets though.

As to manufacturer, it appears that Eaton made the rears from '64 through at least '79. '64 seems to be a mixed year with some rears coming from Dana. I'm looking at a '53-'79 Corvette Chassis and Body Parts Catalog I scrounged from my local dealer 25 years ago. All the rear end components that I see that are identified by maker indicate Eaton parts for '65 and after.

Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen ___

'67BB & '72BB ___

Barking Rats