77 bolt ons

I've got a 77 that I've had since Feb 78, that only has 66k mileage,..[ Dr's wife got pregnant and I got the car}.... For the most part it has been garaged, maintained well but just not driven. Got it out 18 months ago and promptly got a speeding ticket. This past June I pulled it outta the garage and it was leaking from every seal in the motor - transmission and rear end. I've started the repairs and thought since I'm into it I might as well add a little git up an go to it. I'm not really looking to tear own the motor just suggestion for boosting HP by adding bolt ons.I've been outta the car scene for about 40 years so I don't know what's out there.I think the first thing I'm going to do is change the exhaust system up to a 3 inch pipe and do away with the converters and stock type mufflers-. Maybe a new intake but would like to keep it fairly stock looking . I'm open to suggestions and tips Thanks in advance Ken Blevins

Reply to
Ken Blevins

I have a 77 too. Very beautiful car.

I would suggest you get a transmission seal kit and other seals and gaskets (first check the leaks to see what you need) and fix the leaks. Then start at the headers. Don't use the 3 inch pipe. (use the 2.25 or

2.5 instead). Use a high flow performance cat converter. Finish it off nicely by adding new y pipes and perhaps Flowmaster Super 40 - Two Chamber High Performance Mufflers. (These will make your car sound a right beastie !!)

good luck Ken.

Reply to
eslurf