77 luggage rack

I have a '77 with a luggage rack on the back deck. I'd like to remove it for re-chroming but I've heard that if I unscrew the fasteners that the nuts will fall off underneath and are not accessible without removing the gas tank. True or false

I had a thought that I might be able to remove the gas filler cap assembly and maybe get my hand in under the deck to get at the nuts. I haven't investigated this.

Any ideas

Dave Sage

Reply to
Dave Sage

I've done it on a '71 which is similar , and had no prob reaching them....... Sounds like BS to me.

rodent

Reply to
rodent