79 cam replacement

Hey guys, Just an update...I took alls advice..tom, set the timing as diredted, eugene , set the valves as directed... Al. my aplogies..both valves Are closed at
tdc..lol..got it running...after rotating distributor 180...burned the haynes manual...the excess tapping turned out to be a bent pushrod..replaced and adjusted while running..changed oil and found the suspected shavings from wiped lifters and old cam...took it for a short ride to ill as tank.. In the words of Borat.." Great Success"!!!..Dayam that car will go now!..Will Take it easy for a few hundered just because, but my sincere Thanks to this group and all advice...you guys rock. Larry in Va