82 Collector's Edition - Adhesive Joints

Anybody know about GM using adhesives instead of bolts to join parts together on the 82 Corvette? I'm wondering if this was among the innovations used on the Collector's Edition body design.

Reply to
Shuaib

The body joints were put together with bonding strips & adhesive somewhjat like dry wall tape ..

Honestly I do not know when they stopped using that method.. but I got a funny feeling it was not until the C4 came out

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.