82 Differential Noise

Looks like I have a bit of a problem with my diff. I get a chuc-chuc-chuc on load and much more on coast, non on float. New Wheel bearings, six new
u-joints, everything solid, so process of elimination indicates maybe a chipped/cracked/pulled tooth on spider or ring or pinion. Crappo. Anyone ever remove one of these with the batwings - on stands on the garage? Or should I just choke and have it done. If I can get it out, I can rebuild it no problem. Heck, anyone got a good 82 pumpkin with 2.87 gears?
I used to see them at most swap meets for $300. They rarely went higher as only the '80-'82 could use them and the 2.87 ratio was hardly a performance factor, so they were not something anyone wanted to put in their car.
Racers used to modify the brace to accept a '63-79 pumpkin and get the good ratios with the lightweight aluminum mount.

Great. I didn't think of that. A rebuilt will run anywhere from $600 - $900. It's more show than street, and we just cruise with it,. It is a perfect year for that. The Crossfire runs perfect and gets good mileage, and with a switch on the torque converter lockup, we can get a bit peppier performance around town. I guess I'll hit some swap meets. For performance, I'm working on another one:-)