84 cross-fire value

Page 2 of 2
I'm only familiar with Virginia, which I thought followed the federal rules:
- Same year or newer engine. - Car engine for a car. - Car or truck engine for a truck.
- All emissions control components from either the car or the engine, but not both.
In reality, they never look at serial numbers nor would an inspector even know what to do with one. It's interesting that if you put an LS1 in a 1967 Camaro, it will have to have a catalytic converter. Even though the LS1 alone will pollute 90% less (guessing) than the original engine, it has to go in as a complete package.
-rev
Bob G. wrote:

Except that a 1967 Camaro isn't subject to emissions testing in the 49 states. It was in California until they passed that law for 25 years old or something that took them up to 1975, I believe.