'84 crossfire to carburation conversion

I have finally completed the total conversion. I enjoy the feel of the engine now and I can work on it myself. the hesitation problems have all been solved and it is running smoothly. The total cost was around $640
minus $250 for the parts I sold on ebay.
Eldlebrock technical staff is just great.
Art

Good deal.... although no-one here really cares I'm about 80% done with a 5.7 Vortec swap over into an 86 FJ60 Land Cruiser.
By the way if you want to get serious with horsepower you can do a lot more with a carb setup than you can with cross-fire.
I would have done exactly the same or converted to a more modern fuel injection system.
----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com
'Key
=====

"Elbert" < snipped-for-privacy@me.com> wrote in message
my comment "no-one really cares " was in reference to my land cruiser project...the 2nd line in my post goes on to say I"m working on something different. As you may recall I posted a number of times as an "advocate" of pursuing this swap from a crossfire to a carb or other modern fuel injection setup.
I'm all for the carb swap.

whatever your meaning ? all I am saying is, I care about ,many post, except for the trolls... g'day
--
'Key
=====

I just ripped a complete 5.7L L98 TPI V8 and 700R4 transmission out of a 1988 Camaro to stuff into a Toyota pickup - wiring and all. Total cost: $600.
Summit Racing sells the brackets you need for the TV cable, if you haven't found one already. No need to fabricate. Adjustment is tricky. Don't burn up your transmission.