'85 C4 octane

The owners manual says to use gas of at least 87 octane.Previous owner said he used "premium". What do other C4 owners use? Thanks.

--
Brad
"Age doesn't always bring wisdom. Sometimes age comes alone. "

At today's prices, if the manual says you may use 87, then use 87. If you get pinging, take it in for a tune-up or do one yourself. Did this guy make a bunch of engine mods?
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp
Nope, everything is stock. Do you use 87 in yours?

Says to use it but my '92 got along just fine with regular making 20,000 miles per year. The computer makes adjustments to match the gas in most cases, YMMV. If your intent is to romp on it all the time stick with the premium fuel.
--
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life