86 Window

Someone broke the drivers window of my 86 and I'd like to know what it will cost me to have it replaced (labor) and could a mechanical retard like myself
attempt it? Should I leave it to the pro's?

if you have never done it ? I would take it to a pro..
my2
--
"Key"
=====

Take it to a pro..adjusting that window is a bitch..glass is expensive..also get the insurance co to pay..Cost is about $200-$300 for a pro to do it.( you do of course have insurance )
Yes, I've got insurance, but my deductible is $250 and I've already got the glass. I guess I'll just have to eat the labor and have someone who knows what he's doing put it in. Does anybody out there have any recomendations for a good "Vette" guy in Phoenix, AZ?
Redbull wrote:

flash79930 via CarKB.com wrote:

If you already have the glass, you might as well do it yourself. There are only 2 bolts going through the glass, believe it or not. Take the door panel off and you'll move the window up/down until you can get to the "bolts". unscrew them, put the new window in, screw them down. Have a helper or two hold the window, it's heavy and could really do damage (on yourself) if you let it fall when working on it.