89 Vette Emergency brake

My keep my vette in short term storage with the brake set. When I wenr to drive it , the hand lever does not engage. Any comments as to what I should do? Thanks in advance for your comments.

did you push the buton in while pulling up?? the button on the lever must be pushed in to engage to release the brake..
troy 88 35th annivarsary #1580