92 C4 Tires

Hi,

I did a search and didn't see this discussion.

I have a 92 LT1 Coupe.

I bought it with 106K and just a few thousand mi on the current set, BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 275/40-17 ZR rated.

I now have 135K mi and it looks like I'll need rubber next year.

I rotated them once.

So I guess I'lll get about 40K on them. They have worn real evenly. I rarely turn off the ASR and burn them !

Any experiences and/or advice ??

Here's what Tire Rack has as I want all season:

Thanks, Vern

Reply to
Vern

Tried the link and it's expired. I have the same tires you mention above. I've heard others here say they like Continental ContiExtremeContact. Here's a URL for the 17" for a '92:

Here's a link to the company's home page.

I've no direct experience with these tires. When it's time for new tires, I was thinking of giving these a try. Reports have said they're great handling, and low-noise on the highway, and reasonably priced as well. Just something to consider?

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Reply to
CardsFan

Yes...those Conti's were rated high....and they are $124 on tire rack ! Here's the link....why are those links broken ?

Never had that problem before.

Try again........here's that tire...and then the full comparison follows.

(Y)&minSpeedRating=3DV

Here's a link to all of them...check all the tires and hit comparison.

~ Vern 92 LT1 black on black coupe

Reply to
Vern

For a C4, Bridgestone Potenza RE750's get my stamp of approval.

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

Aren't they weak sidewalls? lots of sway changing lanes? even at 35psi but a softer ride over bumps compared to the Goodyear

what are the current prices? where to shop?

ssome

Reply to
ssome