92 Corvette Bose CD Player Dilemma

Guys,

I am having a strange problem with my 92 Vette LT1.

For some reason when the car is cold, CD's will not eject or play (display goes blank or sometimes shows and ERR condition). When the car heats up to operating temperature (or after sitting out in the sun) the player will then work.

Any else experience anything like this? I tried a CD laser cleaner but that didnt work.

You think I need to replace the entire unit?

Thanks for your help.

Joe

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net remove NOSPAM if replying by email...thanks!!

Reply to
Joe G.

it will eventually stop working at all, and refuse to eject your cd. it needs refurbishing, which will only typically last for another few years.

i tossed mine and replaced everything 4 years ago and got better sound too.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Bose Gold??

I've had m>Guys,

Reply to
RicSeyler

Ric,

My CD player wouldn't work either, and to tell you the truth the automatic adjustment of the volume for the car's speed was driving me nuts too. I went with a JVC double-din and Infinity speakers on the replacement. BUT, could you possibly provide more info on that repair place? I might spring to repair the Bose, just for grins. Company name or phone - anything. Thanks.

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Reply to
CardsFan

a definition of insanity is repeating the same action expecting different outcomes...

after twice repairing mine, i put it in a box and shelved it for the next buyer. there's a place in phoenix that repairs these called jimmy's. i don't recommend them.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

I like the Auto Volume :-) You have 2 settings & turn it off also.

I d>

Reply to
RicSeyler

I've got a '04 ZO6. Very disappointed in the Bose system. Shit canned the whole thing. New Pioneer head (model 7600, fits the entire hole like it's made for it), 4 channel 400 watt amp under the passenger seat, new speakers in the doors and added a sub-woofer in the left rear cubby hole. Sounds awsome. Will keep the Bose system in a box for if I want to sell it. Bose is way over rated. You ought to see the speakers I removed, total crap.

Ed

Reply to
Spud

That's interesting. I have a C3 and while I had to cut a fraction off the console face, I figure they're inexpensive anyway, I also put in a Pioneer head unit, took the speakers out of the dash, put new ones in the kick panels, new ones in the rear corners and dropped a subwoofer in the right hand cubby hole, and a 400watt California 5 channel amp in the middle cubby hole. (No room under the seats.) It's like sitting inside a headphone. Sound is crisp and light, and even if you try to blow the doors off, you can still have a conversation. Pioneer has a good head unit.

Reply to
BDragon

I had the same problems with the control head and CD player on my '94. Sent it off to them last year and all's well. Cost was $190 and shipping. That link takes you right to where you want to be. They provide EXCELLENT directions for the R&R of the unit.

Bob '94 Polo Green Convertible

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Page Bookmarked :-) That was it, thanks! Cheaper than I remembered.

I've been putt> CardsFan wrote:

Reply to
RicSeyler

Unquestionably Confused,

Thank you very much for posting the link! That is the exact problem that I am experiencing (CD plays based on weather conditions).

Now I'll attempt to pull the unit out based on the instructions provided.

Thanks again!!

Joe

Reply to
Joe G.