92 Corvette LT1 Base Suspension

Hi,
I'm the original owner of a 92 LT Vette w/~20k on it.
Over the years I noticed the ride has not been as tight as when the car was new. The dealer tells me the stock Bilistien shocks are fine. However I am
just getting too much bounce.
I've been thinking of converting her to a "coil over" suspension configuration to tigthen up the ride by removing the leafs.
Has anybody experimented with "coil overs" before?
If so, I'd be very interested in your suggestions and/or if you can reccomend a coil over package w/shocks.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,
Joe
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net
Please remove NOSPAM if replying be email...thanks.
Call me confused, but it ain't spring failure causing bounce.
Joe G. wrote:

Add me to Bob's confusion list. If it isn't as good as it was when new, then put new parts back on, like shocks, to start. Why throw it all away to go with expensive coil over shocks?
Have you ever worked with a coil over suspension? It isn't simply taking off stock shocks and springs and putting on coil over shocks. The shock mounts are not designed for the spring loads and you will find you have to do a lot of design work to get the right combination.
Besides, the fiberglass transverse spring is a good set up. The fiberglass spring reacts faster than a metal spring due to less mass (remember inertia?) and so the shocks can be tuned to the load of the wheel and not the mass of the spring.

Yea I wouldn't do it either, unless you were going Autocrossing, and then I check the class rules. You might get stuck with the Big Boys :-)
To just refresh your ride, I'd look into all the factory components and replace what was necessary with new factory style stuff...
I replaced my Bilsteins at 95,000 on my C4 with Mid America custom valved shocks. And it helped the ride, not drastically, but definitely helped...
Unless you are seeing a LOT of seepage on the shocks, they probably not NECESSARY to replace. On gas charged Bilsteins a little seepage is normal. But having said that excessive bounce is DIRECTLY related to shocks, and not springs. Unless you have a cracked spring.
Joe G. wrote:

--
Ric Seyler