'93 PKE problems

Beginning of the season and the PKE doesn't work. No problem, I've programmed it before... (oh! Did I say NO problem?) Went through the steps to the point where the PASSIVE KEYLESS ENTRY light

*should* come on and stay on ... It doesn't. I'm in fear of a bad PKE circuit in the dash. Any sage advice?

Michael p.s., when I'm driving, the PKE dash light is usually on -- what does THIS mean?

Reply to
MW