'94 Headlight gear bushings (R&R assembly or just motor)

Anyone done the '94-up Headlight motor bushing upgrade? I was just wondering from someone who has already done it whether you R&R'd the whole assembly or just the motor?
One side has finally given up the ghost, the "gel" in the original must be totally deteriorated. But they have been cycling after turning off for a while. So I will do both sides, with the Delrin bushings. I don't need to go with the gear like 84-87 units. Mine are just slipping from the Gel going bad.
--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
RicSeyler wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Thanks Paul, I googled up a couple articles with pics. The whole assembly on the bench is the way to go, your right.
Paul H. wrote:

Still homeless, but hunting for a lot to build on... But can't get back to the island though.... lots with houses that have to be torn down are now going for $650,000 and up, and the builders are gouging everyone to build on the Island, ($300,00 sq ft and up). So I'm looking for a lot in Gulf Breeze, the Peninsula before the Island.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
RicSeyler wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
-- Charlie !993 Corvette Convertible
href="http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler ">http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler </A><BR>&gt; remove –SPAM- from email address<BR>&gt; --------------------------------------<BR>&gt; "Homer no function beer well without."<BR>&gt; - H.J. Simpson<BR>&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Add pictures here
✖
I put the metal gears in my 1993. Pulled the whole assemblies, it's the only way to go. The whole job took 3 hrs. total and I wasn't in a hurry. I am very pleased with the metal gears, I wouldn't put the nylon gears back in if they paid me. Not only was it a mess to clean all the ground nylon out of unit, you need to make sure that you clean the worm gear out real good because that nylon gets clogged down in there as well.
--
Charlie
!993 Corvette Convertible