'96 acrylic top splitting

I have a 96 vette with a acrylic top that has split in the middle twice in the last year. I have been told that it is a body flexing problem, cheap replacement top, incorrect installation....ect. any thoughts on this would be appreciated as I am tired of replacing them.

Thanks Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Livengood

Body flex is the problem..GM engineering screw up as usual....buy the body X braces for a convertible and install them it ....will cure the problem... Braces are still available from GM cost is about $350 for all three pieces..bolts right up to you frame..excellent at stabilizing the body flex/twist.

ALL VETTES SHOULD HAVE HAD THEM NOT JUST CONVERTIBLES>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Maddog