96 Corvette EGR Valve

my buddy got a quote for $285 to have his egr valve replaced which seemed high to me. it took me 5 minutes to change one on my Fiord Exploder. I haven't looked at it yet but I was wondering if replacing
one on a vette was very involved or can it be done pretty easily? tia.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Not sure on the LT-1 but on the L98 the plenum has to come off. Figure 2 to 3 hours, the valve and gaskets. $ 285 is in the ballpark.
Before leaping into the job, check out the electrical and vacuum connections. The EGR can hang due to a bit of carbon accumulation on the valve pintle. Guys have been successful in breaking this loose by manually moving the valve up and down.
I broke one loose with a bansai drive. Get the engine warm, run a bunch of 1/8 mile accels/decels or find a good upgrade do alternating WOT and throttle closed decels.
-- PJ '89 Hookercar '02 e-blu coupe
Sometimes you can have success by whacking it. Iffin you can get to it. I'm not sure where it's located on a 96 either. But like you said on the L98 it's buried below the intake runners.
PJ wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Bob I wrote:

well my buddy couldn't wait until sunday for me to check it out so the garage charged him $125 to install the new EGR he bought and reset the MIL. to his chagrin it only took them 1/2 hour total and it was by the firewall like you said. thanks to all who replied.