"96 Isuzu Hombre clutch stuck?

"96 Isuzu Hombre clutch stuck? I was driving yesterday and i was accelerating around a corner when right below me (sounded liek transfer case) this wierd buzzing thats slowed with rps started and i had to stop becasue it wouldnt go back into gear. Once i stopped i could shift to first and be on my way. I thought that the 4wd was tryign to engage or somthing becasue i'd shift into 4wd than back into 2 wd for the gears to engage again. Okay if was doig that on and off for about a mile the noise would start after i go about 45 then id have to stop and start up again i was on the second mile and all of the sudden it does that again i stop but i cant put it back into gear.

When i shift into gear i dont have to use the clutch while the engine is running, but the gears dont engage.

please help

sanwan