96 lt4 value long terv vs new c5 please your opinion

I am looking at a 99 c5 that I really like. I just cant decide to keep or sell the 96. It is my third c4.

The c4 value is around 20K. Dont harass me about the value. It is what I believe. The c5 is around $25K.

If the c4 does not get used, I don't think it will drop into the 10-11K range like the 86-88 c4's. The 80-82 c3's seem to be around 10-15K.

Do you think the 96 c4 would sell for less then the 80-82 c3's? Just asking for the opinions.

Thanks

Reply to
rebco10

================ I am not going to harass you on what you think the LT4 96 is valued at... just no point in it...

BUT I do own 64, 72,76,79, and 95 Corvettes and to be truthful I value (money wise) my 95 slightly above both the 76 and 79 but not much... In another couple of years I honestly think my 95 will be the less valuable Corvette I own...

If the LT4 is in a Grand Sport all depreciation bets are off.. (its the ONLY C4 that I think has "collector" value...

Even the 96 Collectors Edition will depreciate down to the level of a good 80 to 82....how many years it takes for the later C3's to slowely gain in value vs how fast the C4 drops is just a guessing game...but it will happen... My guess is that a good 80 - 82 will be worth more then a good 96 6 sp Lt4) in about 7-8 years ...

Just my opinion... and I give it for what its worth...ZILCH ! Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.