96 vette desperate for help on AC blowing problem.

My 96 vette is still having ac blowing problem. The lower and defroster vents are working but not in the face register. After reading some post I replaced the broken vaccuum connections to the manifold $8.00 part and still the same problem. I took it to mechanic and he checked the ac control unit and check the vaccum connections and no problem found. I noticed that when the ac control unit is disconnected and the ac is turn on the ac still blows from the lower and defroster only. Is this normal ? or my ac control unit is defective? What does the ac contol unit do and why is it still blowing from the lower and defroster when disconnected. Is there something else i should be check. How do i check the ac control unit if its defective . It cost $ 300 for the part and I was told that i cant bring it back when purchase because its Electronic item. ANY HELP OR ADVISE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Reply to
jgm

I am having close to the same problem (98 C5) except no matter where I set the air to go it blows from the floor, defroster, and face vents all at the same time My car has the duel climate control... I have a local mechanic looking at it and the last I talked to him he was looking at the vacuum line from the back of the intake but was having a hard time tracing it down as there is no room behind the intake on a C5... Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Thanx in advance

Reply to
ZÿRiX

Remove mini fuse #27 and replace. System should reset drive motor memory for the HVAC doors.

By the way, the vacuum tank and vacuum check valve are behind the right wheel, under the battery.

Reply to
Dad

Ok Dad, are there different locations for the battery on the 96? Mine is on the left side. Thanks for the fuse tip.

Rob

78 & 96 Coupes, Red of course
Reply to
Scubabix

Sorry, I can't speak with any authority on the 96, my reply was for the 98 question added by "ZÿRiX" for which I have the service manual and some experience. My C4 has been gone for 8 years along with all the manuals.

Reply to
Dad

Thank you very much I will check it out..

ZÿRiX (..)

Remove mini fuse #27 and replace. System should reset drive motor memory for the HVAC doors.

By the way, the vacuum tank and vacuum check valve are behind the right wheel, under the battery.

Reply to
ZÿRiX

I was wondering that too. I guess it depends on how you're describing the car - whether you're standing outside, looking at it from the front, or sitting in the driver's seat. The battery in my C4 is behind the left front wheel, if you're sitting in the captain's chair.

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Reply to
CardsFan

Remove mini fuse #27 and replace. System should reset drive motor memory for the HVAC doors.

By the way, the vacuum tank and vacuum check valve are behind the right wheel, under the battery.

Reply to
Dad

Oh, ok, I guess I probably better not use the "fuse fix" on my 96 either then. :)

Thanks for the info, I'll keep it on hand for my friends that have C5's

Rob

Reply to
Scubabix

Thanx it worked...

Reply to
ZÿRiX

We are having weird propagation problems on the news server I use for weeks. I am frequently seeing replies to a post days before I see the post itself. What I'd seen was the subject line.

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Reply to
CardsFan

Not a problem, now all you have to do is find out which fuse resets the C4 door memory as it did for the 98.

You have a reader problem also? Some times I just see the answer and have no idea what they were asking.

Good luck.

Crap, now I got to go back top work tomorrow. You'd think that someone living in their 8th decade could rest for a few years. Need to get my money together for that Z06.

Reply to
Dad

Reply to
RicSeyler