97 corvette headlights

The headlight doors open when I turn on the parking lights.

Reply to
67RATT

Mine do also in my 98

Reply to
ZÿRiX

Z, Do you have a headlight motor that runs on after there open or down? I did and I replaced the left motor that was bad and the opening in park was cured.

Reply to
67RATT

The gears where bad and I replaced them but I just found out if I turn on my parking lights only the headlights do not come up BUT if I turn on my headlights then turn it back a notch to turn the headlights off but leave the parking lights on the headlights stay up... Hmmmm strange

Reply to
ZÿRiX

They are supposed to work that way, allows you to wash them when they are not on, HOT.

Reply to
Dad

Thanx Dad That's another one that belongs on the C5 list of secrets...

Reply to
ZÿRiX

Reply to
Bob I

Not really strange stuff. Same logic was used on the 914-6, the C4 and a couple of Pontiacs. PJ

Reply to
PJ