A Note for "Dad"

Since I bought my 96 Coupe last April, I think it has been you posting about the shaking/twisting of the C-4's. Honestly, I thought you were just
bitching about something minor. The first time I drove it with the roof off, I 'd only had it a week or so and didn't know the feel of the car very well. Last week I took it off again. Wow, now I know what you mean. I still love the car and don't usually worry about taking the top off, but man what a change it makes in the feel of the car with it off. I guess I'll just have to deal with it until I get my 78 back on the road or buy a C-6.
Rob 78 & 96 Coupes (red of course)
opined:

The C5 is a solid car also. Couldn't believe the handling and the sturdiness over our C4. -- SkyhawkXP Seize the pleasures of the moment, without concern for the future

I'm sure sometimes I am bitching but I was just very disappointed and have said so. I wanted a Corvette in the worst way and thought that the C4 was just that, the worst way. My Corvette ownership had a 24 year hole in it while I shuffled kids around in stationwagons and a van. I even drove one of the C4s and just couldn't stand the shake. It took a few more years before I couldn't stand not having one and bought the '92. Over the years I got use to it although I didn't like it, then I drove the new C5. My order went in that day, Monday May 5th, 1997, it arrived Thursday Oct. 30, 1997 as a 1998. I'm not as disappointed in the C6 as it might sound some times, the big difference between the C4 and the C5 had my expectations set a little higher than GM had set theirs between the C5 and the C6. If I can survive a few more years I hope to have a C7, by then they might change the generation by offering a new color.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Scubabix wrote:

===================Sincd Dad "invented" the term Flexable Flyer" I have adopted it also...
But It has been at least 5 years since I had the roof panel off y 95...and then it was only to switch the solid top off and put the glass top on.... AND this is after I installed the cross brace from a convertible on my car...
Bob Griffiths
He's old..............that's just his Parkinson, not the car. LOL ;-)
Scubabix wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
'94 6 Speed Ragtop.

Life is a sexually transmitted condition that is always fatal.

"RicSeyler" < snipped-for-privacy@SPAMgulf.net> wrote in message

=============Well I can remember turning 60...but It did take me more then 3 to 6 seconds to do it...
Bob Griffiths
Bob G wrote:

Wow, turning 60 in 3 seconds is really quite impressive unless you are going downhill more than you are willing to admit. (However, it's all downhill after 17!)
Paul.
LOLOL!! ;-)
Dad wrote:

--
Ric Seyler

I had the top off for a good 2 weeks last summer. ('86)Should I be concerned about doing this? It does not appear to have affected anything as far as I can tell. Also ,quick question--the outer door seal- is it just the three rivets holding it on.I want to replace them but have not dealt with rivets too often. thanks,
joe

about
very
man