Add-ons for C6

Question 1) Those add-on intakes - in my case one called VR Snake Charmer - does those really increase HP at all? I just bought an 05 and it came with the VR-SC1. Is it worth leaving on; or should I go with something else? Here is the product that is on there:

Question 2) Should I get a Hypertech programmer; or is the engine already programmed to be maximum performance?

Question 3) Are there reasonably priced exhaust systems for the C6; or is it the age old addage of "you get what you pay for"?

Question 4) Is it a ton of money to replace the Bose 6 CD changer head unit with a Corvette GPS one?

Reply to
Snappo

Haven't even looked at them, not enough gain to bother with, been there, done that on the C5s. Down side on some is possible water ingestion for total melt down. An under drive balancer would be better and would negate the loose balancer problem if yours has it.

Depends on what you want but the best bet is to have a tuner fit it to your driving style and desires. That also gives up a base to return to if it up chucks.

You don't always get what you pay for but that's up to what you want. That can only be determined by hearing the one you like and get the same thing. Skip the "X" pipe, waste of money. I liked the Corsa Sport and that's what I got, to much popping though on the C6 versus the Corsa Indy on the C5s. The "X" pipe cut it out on the C5 but not the C6.

Wouldn't even bother, not sure the Bose works on my C6, I'll have to turn it on some time. As far as the GPS I run a separate system that is a whole lot cheaper and more defined than GMs offering. There are a couple dozen antenna on the C6 without the GPS, not sure how many it would add or how hard it would be to add them. If your really serious about trying it I'll look it up------- Opps, on second thought I won't look it up, there's 207 pages on it in the manual. Most of it shows the pictures without the part numbers unless these are some of the numbers -- 93807890 module 2, 16832516749 electronic serial number, software I.D. 146, 0002086783 VCI module. New mounting base required in the windshield along with heat staking 2 microphones into the header trim, the unit mounts in the back right compartment with a receiver on the drivers rear wheel hump and of course in the dash with the GPS antenna. Then there's the amplifier under the passengers feet, and all of the above ties into the keyless entry and theft deterrent transmitters and receivers.

Aren't all usnet sites free??? Why would you pay for an account for a news group?

Reply to
Dad

Do I go back to my Chevy dealer and ask him to remove it; or is it not worth bothering about? How do I know if I have a "loose balancer problem"? Can I look at something and tell? Or does only the dealer know that kind of stuff?

I will never take it over 120; and I just like a little bit of acceleration now and then. Come to think of it; it has just fine pickup right now. If I change the max RPM down 500 from what Chevy picked; is that a safe thing to do for my motor?

Popping? I just wanted a "snarly" sound. It's kinda quiet as-is.

My stupid ISP doesn't have very many groups; and also they seem to go down an awful lot. So I paid the $3.95 and got Teranews as my Usenet group reader thingie. Thingie of course being some computer technical term.

Reply to
Snappo

Free iratating side effect from the $1,000 axel back after market exhausts.

OMG, I thought I had the worst ISP, there may be hope for them after all.

Reply to
Dad

Whew! I was worried that my car might have done something you were eluding to with the word "popping". When I was at a red light yesterday; a few times I felt like someone either tapped my rear bumper or a strong wind rocked the car. I would describe it more as the former; and even kept looking in my rear view mirror. Maybe it was wind - I don't know. It never happened at any other red lights.

Bellsouth only seems to have about 1,400 groups. Teranews had like ten times that. I forget which one I needed that was missing that motivated me to go to Teranews; but I think it was the Microsoft help one. Also, Bellsouth doesn't even have the car ones and all the football ones. I had thought Bellsouth was going to be bought by AT&T/SBC last month; but someone told me the other day that AT&T just pulled out of the purchase. Oh; and worse to just Usenet; Bellsouth has huge issues with DSL. I have that extreme DSL that is supposed to be 6 mb. I never get more than 1 mb. Bellsouth has brought out two modems in the past 2 months; and sometimes I can't even stay online and they have to "bounce the D-SLAM". They seem to have to do that a lot. I hate Bellsouth. And I called the cable people; but they said they don't come out into my area and do cable. And if I go to Hughes and get sattelite internet; that's even slower than DSL. Did I mention I hate Bellsouth?

Reply to
Snappo