Adding Right Hand Morror for '69 vette

I am considering adding a right hand external mirror to my 1969 vette. The original mirror (left side only) for the '69 vette was a small head mirror (5.5"x 3.75"). Starting in 1975, the mirror was a large head
mirror (6.25"x3.5"). Is there any practical difference between the mirrors?
Thanks, Charles
On 22 Dec 2006 12:23:00 -0800, "Charles Halliman"

the older ones were not curved etc.. and were generally not offered as an option... However .. if it were my 69 I would honestly put one on the passenger door that matched my original mirror on the drivers door.. A new style mirror on a 69 will stick out like a very sore thumb in my opinion and I am NOT a fanatic about keeping a car original
Just my opinion Bob G 64 72 76 79 & 98 Corvettes
I owned a 1972 Vette and added a passenger side mirror from a 73 Vette and replaced the rear view mirror with a much larger unit. The combination was a GREAT improvement for day to day driving in traffic.
There was a problem with the fit of the mounting "nuts" as the 72 Vette passenger door had minor interference where the side mirror mounted. The rubber nutserts were inserted from the mirror side and expanded as the screw tightened. There was insufficient space for one nut - minor inconvenience.
Here's the story of my Vette:
http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/54pontiac/72vette.html
Bob G. wrote:

--
Eugene Blanchard
http://www.catsasskustoms.com
Eugene Blanchard wrote:

Eugene,
It appears that the passenger side mirror just attaches to the fiberglass, when installed on the '69 or '72 I assume. Did the mirror hold pretty well?
Charles
The mirror was held in by two blind expanding nutserts. Basically a rubber cylinder that expanded to fill the backside of the hole when tightened. It held very well as I used the GM parts from a 73 mirror which was an identical mate to the 72 driver's side. The insufficient space just meant that the mirror's mounting plate didn't fit flush to the door skin by about 1/8" or so but when the mirror was mounted on top, you couldn't tell. Here's the only picture I have of the driver's side mirror.
http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/54pontiac/72v-3.jpg
Charles Halliman wrote:

--
Eugene Blanchard
http://www.catsasskustoms.com
Bob G. wrote:

Bob,
The '75 mirrors look the same as those that came before -- at least to me. It appears that unless you measure them, you won't notice the difference. In fact, I measured the mirror on my '69, and it appears to be the '75 mirror, and I installed the mirror (I need to measure the mirror again to be sure). I think I was sent the wrong size and used it, assuming that it was the right one. It looked right to me, and I know my car pretty well. Don't the '69-'74 mirrors look like the '75 mirrors, except for the size?
Charles

I think I was "corn" fused ....
I was thnking the regular, rectangle all metal mirror and the sport mirror which has the fiberglass housing around it... (77-82 style...)
Really can not remember if the "regular" mirror on my 76 is the exact same size as the regular mirror on my 72...I'd have to look..
Bob G.