Almost to hot to drive the Corvette

For the first time since I've owned the '72 it got an engine temperature of

210, almost to hot to drive it today, just hit 90. Great weather for tooling around but bad for the crops and that means higher prices for the corn to go along with the higher gas prices. On top of that, now this is picky, the grasshoppers are as big a starlings and leave a much bigger smear on the windshield. Oh the pain of it all.
Reply to
Dad

What should the C5 be running? I drove it from Phoenix to Los angeles and it ran anywhere from 208 to 220.. On the freeway it runs about 205 to 208 but sometimes puttin around town it will go over 220 but never smells hot or runs bad as a madder fact it feels the strongest around 215, 220.

Reply to
ZÿRiX

That's about were mine run, never higher than 230 and that was stuck in traffic in flo-duh. Don't fall for the lower thermostat unless you do an LS1 edit on the controls, not likely for the cost.

Reply to
Dad

My 2001 Coupe typically runs well under 200 except when I am idling for a long time or in slow traffic, when it escalates to between 220 and 225.

Always runs great at any temperature.

Jason

Reply to
Jason