Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

Page 5 of 7
Another huge problem with that Corvette is that it's only 2 wheel drive. The Brabus Convertible with 730BHB had major problems on the track where it couldn't beat less powerful cars like the Enzo Ferrari on Top
Gear's tests because it had too much power for 2 wheel drive to handle. That's a huge advantage that VWs with 650+ BHP have. The have an excellent 4motion system that helps them during acceleration and cornering compared to 2 wheel drive competitors.

Add pictures here
✖
Bob I wrote:

That's not exactly fair. Mustang pilots were able to shoot down Me-262s primarily by catching them during takeoff and landing.
-- Mike Smith
Add pictures here
✖
Mike Smith wrote:

That is on their own turf, is it not? As to "fair", what's the phrase "All's fair in love and war."? The point is that the dufus seems to be pretty ignorant about everything he posts.
Add pictures here
✖
American cars SUCK. Here are the top 18 GPS Confirmed Speedo pics from speed demons from around the world on Highways and Tracks. NOT ONE OF THEM is an American car.
If Corvettes are so good PROVE it. Make it into the top 10 and POST a pic on the need for speed website PROVING how good American Cars are. THEY SUCK and are technologically inferior and that's why none of them are in the top 18.
1
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - 409 km/h (402 km/h GPS) High Speed test by Auto Motor Und Sport For the video visit "VIDEOS - CARS & MOTOS"
2
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - 407 km/h (GPS) High Speed Test by Top Gear For the video visit "VIDEOS - CARS & MOTOS"
3
Bugatti Veyron - 402 km/h High speed test by Car And Driver
4
McLaren F1 - 391 km/h For the video visit "VIDEOS - CARS & MOTOS"
5
Porsche 996 GT2 9ff 9f-V400 - 390 km/h For the video visit "VIDEOS - CARS & MOTOS"
6
Bugatti EB 110 - 389 km/h Pic taken from Sport Auto
7
Porsche 996 GT2 9ff 9f-V400 - 388 km/h GPS 840 hp , on the Nardo circuit (2004.12.20) Jan D - www.9ff.de
8
Koenigsegg CCR - 388 km/h World speed record on the Nardo circuit For the video visit "VIDEOS - CARS & MOTOS"
9
Porsche 996 GT2 9ff 9f-V400 - 386 km/h GPS (Nardo) Jan D - www.9ff.de
10
Audi TT MTM Bimoto - 384 km/h GPS High speed by MTM at Papenburg
11
Audi TT Bimoto MTM - 373 km/h High speed test on the Nardo circuit by Auto Motor Und Sport
12
Porsche 996 9ff 9f-T7 - 372 km/h (GPS) SpiriTT - Option Auto n°150
13
Audi TT Bimoto MTM - 371 km/h For the video visit "VIDEOS - CARS & MOTO"
14
Ferrari Enzo - 366 km/h Kalbas @ www.gumball3000.com
15
Brabus Rocket CLS V12 Biturbo 730 hp - 365.7 km/h High speed Nardo circuit by Brabus
16
Brabus Rocket CLS V12 Biturbo 730 hp - 362 km/h High speed Nardo circuit by Brabus Pablo D G - Spain
17
Porsche Ruf RT12 - 361 km/h Test on the Nardo circuit by Auto Motor Und Sport For the video visit "VIDEOS - CARS & MOTOS"
18
Porsche 959 - 360 km/h (225 mph) Michael
Add pictures here
✖

What is your definition of not sucking ? If I bought any of the cars you listed, if it needs a repair, where can it be repaired? And if it needs parts, where do I get them?
From what I've read the Z06 has been rated as one of the best bang for the buck. I think best is a broad statement... best in what, speed, performance, price, reliability and so for. And I'm no car expert but I think where a car is to be used has a lot to do with how it will perform (elevations, weather, etc..).
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 15, 5:39 pm, db wrote:

WRX STI is a lot better bang for your buck, as is VW GTI. Also, with mods, they can do 335-350 km/h just for the price of a base Corvette. HPA Golfs that cost less than a base Corvette can outperform and outrun a Corvette SS.
Add pictures here
✖

Can you provide some URL's to back these claims up? Americans are known to love their cars so why haven't Americans caught on to your claims? Frankly 350km/h doesn't impress me for a true sports car. Hell cars could break that speed in the 1930's in the US.
Add pictures here
✖

Corvette SS???
Show me one in production...
--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)
Sal wrote:

The only amazing thing here is your aptitude for stoopid! Please show me a 20 year old WReX.
Add pictures here
✖
Sal wrote:

Whoa!
There isn't a Corvette SS. TTBOMK there are mules. None of which have completed emission control cert in a production configuration.
You're comparing apples with oranges. As soon as you talk mod, you've entered the 'off-road' game in this country.
You seem to talk 'slightly modded' German iron in comparison with a base 'vette. Me thinks you want your favorites to always run on a downhill track, with a tailwind.
So, here's what I'd suggest. Take a hard look at your class schedule for this fall. Make sure you'll gain some credits in Logic 101 and Critical Thinking 102.
-- pj
Add pictures here
✖
Sal wrote:

How many of those cars are available for under $50,000?
-- Mike Smith
Add pictures here
✖
None of them, but the BEST bang for your buck car is NOT the Corvette either. GTIs outperform Corvettes at every price point. For instance even a poor man can buy a GTI that can beat a Mclaren F1 for a reasonable price. This is a few year OLD HPA Tuned GTI that does 0-60 in 3.1something and 1/4 mile in 11.0, 333 km/h VMAX.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7EPZWFNPq4

Newer ones are EVEN FASTER. The eat similarly priced Corvettes for BREAKFAST at the track.

✖
The 11.0 second HPA Golf R32 costs $54,000. BTW, when I say EVERY price Point, I mean EVERY price Point. If you got the money you can get a 1000BHP GTI like this and thanks to All Wheel Drive it can actually use that power where a 1000 BHP Corvette will just spin its wheels going nowhere and cost TONS more than the GTI on top of that. I don't know how much this 1000BHP GTI costs, but it's probably less than $100,000
EVOs, GTIs, and even old RX7s and Supras are FAR FAR faster cars than Corvettes at the same price points. If you want a car that's NOT the fastest at its price, it's better to get a Porsche Cayman or Boxter instead of a Corvette. A Cayman is a FAR more impressive looking car and is a far better chick magnet than a Corvette anyway and has a far more high class and noble bloodline.
http://www.2fastlane.com/showvideo.php?id ˆ

Add pictures here
✖

SAL: Just what have you been smoking....?
Seriously ! It has to be something mind altering..
Bob G.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 16, 8:31 pm, Bob G. <rg327_remove_comcast.net> wrote:

You're the one who's smoking something crazy.
This shows HOW PATHETIC a car Corvettes are for the money. They don't have the racing legacy or noble blue blooded history of equally priced cars like the Porsche Cayman S or Boxter S, and they don't have the performance of equally priced GTIs, EVOs, etc.
This is a comparison that shows exactly HOW OUTCLASSED BRAND NEW Corvettes are compared to equally priced competition from 4 years ago.
http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/112_0401_2004_hpa_volkswagen_r32 2004 HPA VW Golf GTI R32
FULLY LOADED MSRP $54,000
575 BHP
0-60 MPH 3.2 seconds
1/4 mile 11.49
VMAX 333 km/h
2008 Corvette ZO6
$65,690 BASE MSRP
505 BHP
1/4 mile 11.7
VMAX 318.65 km/h
If 4 year old cars that cost $12,000 less than a new Corvette ZO6 destroy a Corvette so badly then imagine what equally priced new cars can do to Corvettes. For $66,000, the same price as an 11.7 sec 1/4 mile Corvette ZO6, you can get an 8.5 to 9.0 second 1/4 mile Volkswagen GTI, EVO, etc. You can get a 1000 BHP VW GTI for less than the price of a 600 BHP Corvette.
Add pictures here
✖
Sal wrote:

The R32 is centered around a 3.2-liter V-6 engine shared, interestingly enough, with the company's new full-size flagship, the Phaeton. It delivers 241 horsepower and 236 pound-feet of torque
Stinking sedan!
Add pictures here
✖

I don't know where you got your info, but the Phaeton has a lot more horsepower and torque than that in the US. In the US it comes with either a 4.2 liter V8 or a 12 cylinder 6.0 liter W12 engine detuned to produce 450bhp. The Phaeton will do 200MPH once the governor is removed. Perhaps in Europe the Phaeton is purposefully underpowered to save on gas money because gasoline is so expensive in Europe.
Add pictures here
✖
You STOOPID MORON, I copied it DIRECTLY from the link and article you posted! Maybe if YOU could read you wouldn't be such an idiot! You would come off second best matching wits against a pile of doggy do! Why don't you just go step in front of a bus and do your part for global warming! Now just go away and take your heap of stinking sedan opinions with you.
BYE IDJUT!
Sal wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/112_0401_2004_hpa_volkswagen_r32
That's like on Page 3 of the article. Everything I needed about the HPA R32 was on page one. Besides, that must be a European version of the Phaeton because it's crazy for a car like the Phaeton that weighs nearly 3 tons not to have at least an 8 cylinder engine if not a 12 cylinder engine. Frankly, I don't care how expensive gasoline is in Europe, it's CRAZY to put a 6 cylinder engine in a car like the Phaeton. If they can afford the car thent they can afford at least an 8 cylinder if not a 12 cylinder engine and bad gas milage.

Add pictures here
✖

Show me your stats. I live in Texas and I can honestly say I see many more Corvettes than Passats here but I admit this isn't a scientific survey just my overall observation while driving. I'd guess I see about 6 or more Corvettes to 1 Passat.
Now based on facts, Passats might be the best selling european midsize car in US (according to you not me; I didn't bother to verify your claim so I just accept it as fact) but they aren't the best OVERALL selling midsize car in the US as that honor goes to either the toyota camry or honda accord (depends which year). Again I must see about 10 to 15 Toyota Camrys or Honda Accords to every Passat around here.
But back to the main topic, I doubt many will care if the Passat is faster than a Corvette (your claim not mine) because its not just about speed but performance and fun. I can't speak for others but its hard to find roads around here where you can go over 90 mph for very long so top speed means little to me but if I compare the Passat to the Corvette, performance and fun to drive will mean a lot more to me.
Add pictures here
✖