Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

Page 6 of 7
Passat sold 331,414 which was +28.3% in Europe in 2006. It's only getting more popular. The US is NOT the world, only a small part of the world. The world thinks of Corvettes like it thinks of Jerry Springer.
Name any country where the Corvette sold close to that.
On Jul 14, 9:44 am, db wrote:

Well the conversation started with the W8. So how many units of the W8 were made in 2006?

Well 0, but the Passat R36 is sort of a psuedo replacement for the Passat W8 but it's a milder tamer version. A 174 MPH 8 cylinder Midsize Family Sedan was just too much for the American consumer to handle but it was perfect for the German Consumer. If the Highways in the US didn't suck and were as good as the Autobahn, then the W8 would have been way more popular in the US. VW just loves the W series cars from the W8 all the way to the W16 in the Bugatti Veyron so the W8 will eventually make a return even if it's not in a Passat but an Audi, Lamborghini, or even a Bentley.
On Jul 14, 1:24 pm, Jim Behning

There are a lot of reasons why Corvettes will not sell well in other countries. Europe is NOT the world either so tell me what the Passat sold elsewhere such as in the US, Japan or China ? With such small numbers to start with, percentage increases will look large.
On Jul 14, 9:22 pm, db wrote:

NAME One other MIDSIZE car besides Accord, Camry and Passat that that sold more than 300,000 units on any continent in 2006? 331,414 are DAMN good yearly sales for most cars world wide, but that's just what the PASSAT does in Europe alone and it's very popular in the Middle East, Australia, and other places too and the most popular European Midsize Car in America. Corvette sales worldwide are nothing compared to Passat Sales.

That's because they're not the same type of car... family car vs. sports car.
something wonderfully witty:

BFD dumbass. Saying anything sold somewhere else, ain't sayin a whole helluva lot when your talkin bout the USofA.

--

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream

That's the kind of attitude that's sadly going to make China the world's lone HYPERpower and the USA a hasbeen like the British and Roman Empires. I hope that this kind of attitude is rare in the rest of the US because thankfully it's rare in my part of the country especially among my classmates at college.

While I don't think the US will be a dominate as it once was, I still think the US will be a major power in years to come. Perhaps you forgot how we got to be one.
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 23:27:40 -0500, db wrote something wonderfully witty:

WAR, what is good for -- HUNH, absolutely World Domination. Hunh!
Say it again.
--

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
Sal wrote:

If China builds its cars (look up Brilliance and their stellar crash test results) anything like the way they manufacture wheat gluten, toothpaste, or steamed pork buns (i.e. counterfeit and full of potentially lethal substances), well, then you'll forgive me for not being exactly worried about China becoming anything but a worldwide joke. Remember when "Made in Japan" meant cheap crap? Then it was "Made in Taiwan"? Well, now it's "Made in China", apparently.
-- Mike Smith
Sal wrote:

And most of those Passats weren't VR6 models, or even 2.0 turbos most likely.

I would venture to guess that most if not all of the people involved in this thread are American.

Their loss. The Corvette has come a *looooong* way since the crappy old C3s and C4s, and is now a very serious performance contender in the $45-65K range.

That's a stupid question. (No surprise, coming from you.) That's like asking whether more VWs or more Porsches are sold in Europe. *Duh*. Obviously a family car is going to outsell a 2-seater performance coupe.
-- Mike Smith
Japanese cars like Toyotas are fine cars. Especially the Lexus LS600H. Now American cars are trash compared to European or Japanese cars.
:>Japanese cars like Toyotas are fine cars. Especially the Lexus LS600H. :>Now American cars are trash compared to European or Japanese cars. :>
All this bombastic bluster and I have to ask Sal, what car(s) do you own and drive? And I mean real cars, not VR cars on some dorky video game.

Most Americans still like to drive cars with personalities Sal...
I am retired,on fixed income, I have 5 Vettes in the Garage but drile a Truck as my daily driver..next vehicle I buy will not be purchased for its reliability but for how it looks, how it handles and how fast the damn thing is.. THAT SAID the wives next vehicle will be whatever she wants...she now drives a BORING, but handy (for her) Dodge Caravan for hauling her purchases ..
My dear old Mother owns a Toyota... reliable yes ! .Fun? hell worst then my wives van...
Bob G.
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 17:02:25 -0400, Bob G. <rg327_remove_comcast.net> wrote something wonderfully witty:

You're retired & still have your Mom's with ya. God bless ya Bob.
My Vette's are in the garage as well, daily driver is a 07 SRX with a Northstar. Got a little bit of everything in that one, and some get-r-done as well. 320 hp, 4.6-liter V8 for $44,060, with 69.5 cubic feet of cargo space & a 4,250 towing capacity. Gotta travel long distance twice a week to the work site & back. Vette sure was fun as hell to drive, but forget about carrying much of anything. I get back to my babies on the weekend.
--

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
something wonderfully witty:

Yeah, but they aren't the best selling midsize, nor best selling Sports Car either now are they?
I knew an old gal who claimed to have the best tasting pussy as well. Ya just need to get a taste of something else to know she was full of shit. That or turn'er around. Beat you'd like that now wouldn't ya boy. Come on now squeal like a pig.
Sorry folks got carried away in a Deliverance Moment. Ta-da-ta-dum
--

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream

LMFAO
--
ZRiX

Well maybe that is because there is no "new" W8's, they just didn't sell at 90k+. Now you might see a run of the mill Pissant running around, but they are rather pedestrian.
--

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
On Jul 14, 9:35 pm, The Wolf With the Red Roses <after-dark-

Passat W8s cost about 40k in the US when it was still being produced not 90K. The GTI W12 Twin Turbo may be 90K if it ever goes into production that is.